Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) presented by the Goodwill Easterseals Miami Valley Prevention Team
Are you 55 or older and looking for an opportunity to learn how to stay healthy?
The Wellness Initiative for Senior Education (WISE) program offers six lessons that cover a wide range of topics examining senior health and well-being.
Watch our full instructional episodes below then take a listen to our one-hour podcasts that take a more personal more in-depth look at each month’s subject.
- Lesson 1- We examine the changes associated with aging.
- Lesson 2 – We examine age sensitivity and what it means to age in our larger society for each of us personally.
- Lesson 3- We examine the ways in which we are a diverse group and develop an appreciation for our culture and generational diversity.
- Lesson 4- We examine Medication and the Older Adult
- Lesson 5- We examine Substance Misuse, Addiction and Older Adults
Health and Wellness presented by Goodwill Easterseals Miami Valley Recovery and Employment
Goodwill Easterseals Miami Valley Recovery and Employment program presents a series of webinars with great information on how to create time for yourself through a variety of activities to keep you healthy both mentally and physically.
Webinar 1 – Looks at how to connect to your community and how the community can increase your quality of life and overall satisfaction.
Webinar 2 – Learn how starting a vegetable garden can be rewards and stress relieving at the same time. This webinar will provide the novice and seasoned gardener tips on the best planting techniques, choosing vegetable plants, learning which plants pair well together along with managing the garden so it produces vegetables until fall.
Webinar 3 – We examine the science behind exercise and why you should care when it comes to your wellness.
Webinar 4 – Why should your program have Volunteers? What benefits are there to being a volunteer?