Communication with your doctors about the medications prescribed to you is very important.
Asking questions about the medications is a great way to advocate for your health.
Great questions to ask include:
- What is it being prescribed for?
- What are the side effects, both common and rare?
- What should I do if I experience the side effects?
- What is the best time of day to make my medications?
- Should my medication be taken with food or on an empty stomach?
- What should I do if I forget to take my medication?
- Will my medication interact with my other prescription and over the counter medications?
- What is the addiction potential of this medication?
- When should I check back in with you about my medication?
Stay tuned for more tips on how to Be Your Own Health Advocate!
The Prevention Team at Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley wants to thank you for being a great Health Advocate and for making Montgomery County safer around medication.