The Goodwill Stores Drive to Victory is in its 12th season with WHIO-TV and this year introduces the Marching Band Edition. Drive to Victory is a friendly competition each week between two local high schools that battle off the field in a donation drive benefiting Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley.
The battle for winning the weekly and overall grand prize is going through the area high school marching bands, their boosters and supporting communities. Each week, the bands will reach out to their families, friends and neighbors to help bring in the most donations for them to win a $200 weekly prize from Arby’s Dayton. The other weekly participating band will also receive a monetary donation of $100.
Cars, trucks, boats and RVs can also be donated and counted toward the school’s weekly total.
Call 228-AUTO to donate or find out more details on how a vehicle donation can be made.
On Friday, the trailers will be picked up and weighed. The school Marching Band that has collected the most weight will be announced on Friday night during Touchdown 7 and will receive a $200 scholarship from Arby’s, and the runner up will receive $100.
At the conclusion of the season, the Marching Band that has collected the most weight during their Drive to Victory week has the chance to win up to a total of $1,200 total for their scholarship funds.
Here’s how you can help your school win:
- Each week a Goodwill Store donation trailer will be placed at each of the selected Arby’s locations beginning Monday prior to that week’s game on Friday.
- During the week, Goodwill attendants will accept your donations of clothing, household items and computers that you dropped off at your school’s donation trailer.
- Receipts for your tax deductible donation will be available.
Drive to Victory tips:
- Computers and book donations are a great way to add weight to your schools total.
- You can also help your school weight total by donating your old vehicle during the Drive to Victory contest. Just call 228-AUTO to donate or find out more details on how donation will add 1,000 pounds to your school.
- On Friday, the trailers will be picked up and weighed. The Marching Band that has collected the most weight will be announced on Friday night during Touchdown 7 and will receive a $200 scholarship from Arby’s.
- Since 2007, the Goodwill Stores Drive to Victory campaign has generated more than one million pounds of clothing and household items along with more than 75 vehicles from around the Miami Valley. These items are sold in stores and at the auto auction, with proceeds supporting the mission of helping people with disabilities and other disadvantages here in the community.
- Help your school win by making your donation today!