Water has many health benefits that can last throughout our lifetime.
Here are just a few benefits:
- It helps lubricates the joints
- Dehydration can cause our pain in our joints and drinking more water might be able to assist with hydration of our cartilage and discs in the spine which are 80% water.
- Water helps to deliver oxygen throughout the body
- Blood is more than 90 percent water, and blood carries oxygen to different parts of the body.
- Water improves the flexibility in our skin.
- Drinking water can help the elasticity of our skin. Our skin will be less likely to crack and it can diminish wrinkles.
- It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues
- Dehydration can affect brain structure and function. It is also involved in the production of hormones and neurotransmitters. Prolonged dehydration can lead to problems with thinking and reasoning.
5. It helps maintain blood pressure
- A lack of water can cause blood to become thicker and it could result in an increase in blood pressure.
6. Our airways need water.
- Drinking water can help to decrease the possibility of asthma and allergies.